Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weston Irish Festival

Last weekend was beautiful for a bit o' the Irish music. Weston, Missouri held it's 9th annual Irish music festival centered around O'Malley's pub. If you have never been to O'Malley's, it's worth the trip. I was first in line and first to get into the pub in order to get my favorite seat to watch my favorite band there, Flannigan's Right Hook. I then secured a liter mug of Guinness and watched people file into the dark limestone vaulted music hall. I have not seen a better place for setting the Irish music mood--of course, I have not been to Ireland yet.


So, in case you missed it, here are a couple videos of Flannigan's Right Hook:



The Devil Went Down to Georgia:



After Flannigan's Right Hook I climbed back to the light to catch a couple bands on the outdoor stage, finishing the evening with the Elders.

No comments: